Social Mission Conference 2016
Theme: Witness to Mercy, Bearer of Compassion
Illustration by: Julie Lonneman
“If we want, truly want to believe and have faith, we must draw near and touch those wounds, caress those wounds, but also lower our heads and let others touch our wounds” ~ Pope Francis
- Date: 13 August 2016, Saturday
- Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
- Venue: Catholic Junior College, 129 Whitley Road Singapore 297822
- Opening address ~ Archbishop William Goh
- “Realities of poverty” ~ presented by our panel of speakers
- “Witness to Mercy, Bearer of Compassion” ~ keynote theological reflection by His Eminence, Cardinal Tagle
- “To be a bearer of Compassion” ~through the breakout tracks
- Low-wage workers (* highly recommended for decision-makers)
- People with mental health issues
- People with physical disabilities
- Single-parent families
- All conference attendees are strongly encouraged to participate in the Pre-Conference programme. This is a series of exposure programmes & events offering participants an opportunity to understand deeper the social challenges of those in need, to be present to them, to touch their woundedness & be touched by them. These exposure programmes & events are intended to give flesh to the presentations & discussions that will take place during the 2016 Social Mission Conference.
- Attendees may choose from the list of pre-conference programmes, indicating their first and second option. In the event that the first-choice option is no longer available, attendees will be allocated to their second-choice option.
Young Adults Mission of Mercy Event 2016
An extension of Social Mission Conference 2016 for young adults aged 18 – 35 years old.
- Date: 14 August 2016, Sunday
- Time: 12.30pm to 6.30pm
- Venue: Agape Village, 7A Lorong 8 Toa Payoh Singapore 319264
- Prayer and Worship
- Talks on “Contemplating God’s Mercy” and “Becoming God’s Instruments of Mercy”
- Young adults in-conversation with Cardinal Tagle
- Personal reflection and sharing
Join us in this formation journey – to listen, read, pray and reflect on how we can live out the call to mercy in our lives.