Caritas Singapore’s Leaders’ Council Meeting provides the time and space for members of the Caritas Singapore family to network, dialogue, share updates, and explore possible collaboration opportunities.
It is hosted by the Chairperson of Caritas Board of Directors, and organised by Caritas Membership Committee and Caritas Membership Department.
Who is it for?
- Representatives from the Board of Directors of the Member Organisations in the Caritas Singapore family
- Representatives from the Senior Management (e.g., CEOs, Executive Directors, Deputy Executive Directors) of the Member Organisations in the Caritas Singapore family
- Other representatives from of the Member Organisations in the Caritas Singapore family nominated by their Board of Directors/Senior Management. This is typically based on the content of the specific Leaders’ Council Meeting (e.g., if one of the programme items is on Human Resource Management, the Senior Management may nominate their Human Resource Director to attend).
- Caritas Board of Directors
- Caritas Senior Management (Executive Director, Managers)
Programme Rundown and Highlights
A typical Leaders’ Council Meeting comprises of the following:
- Welcome Address by Chairperson Caritas Board
- Sharing by a featured Member Organisation on their work and strategy. If the opportunity presents itself, the featured Member Organisation will also give a tour of its venue and facilities. Examples:
◦ April 2023 – ABLE gave a sharing and interactive tour of its rehab centre and gym at Caritas Agape Village
◦ April 2021 – Canossaville gave a sharing and virtual tour (due to COVID-19)
◦ May 2019 – Boys’ Town gave a sharing and tour of its premises
◦ August 2019 – Assisi Hospice gave a sharing and tour of its premises
- Presentation(s) on Important Matters or New Opportunities either by Caritas or guest speakers. Examples:
◦ April 2023 – Sharing by the Church Governance and Structure Committee on changes to church governance
◦ August 2020 – Sharing by a Transformation Design Firm offering its services to the Caritas family in the areas of organizational transformation
◦ August 2019 – Sharing by Shared Services for Charities
- Short Updates from Member Organisations
On new initiatives, calls for collaboration, etc.
- Networking and Dialogue
Caritas Member Organisation
The format of the Leaders’ Council Meeting is good because there’s a sharing of what some of the other organisations are doing
Caritas Member Organisation
A great time to reflect, reconnect, and refresh
Caritas Board of Directors
Highly informative. Great for networking. Affirms how the Lord is blessing and using each of us to work in His vineyard.
Trevor Chan, Director Community Partnerships & Marketing at Boys’ Town, sharing about the adventure-based activities and therapy that is provided by Boys’ Town Adventure Centre (BTAC) at the Leaders’ Council Meeting in May 2019
Choo Shiu Ling, Chief Executive Officer, Assisi Hospice giving a tour of a typical room at Assisi Hospice at the Leaders’ Council Meeting in August 2019
Group photo of the participants of the Leaders’ Council Meeting in October 2022 at Caritas Agape Village
Leaders from various organisations participating in the sit-to-stand simulation activity during ABLE’s interactive tour in April 2023. Participants experienced the challenges that a person with disability might face in everyday activities.