News and Upcoming Events (MARCH/APRIL)
Dear Friends of Caritas Singapore,
A big THANK YOU to those who joined us for the Catholic200SG Intercessory Prayer Session on 2 March, 8pm. Caritas Singapore is privileged to have the opportunity to lead all in prayers for the social mission of our church through the Stations of the Cross.
To ensure the safety of our service users, volunteers and staff, face-to-face programmes and services within the Caritas Singapore family are limited. Note: Most programmes remain online.
Click on the link below to access resources, register for a programme, and refer someone you know to services and programmes offered by the Caritas Singapore family.
In this time of uncertainty for many, especially for those seeking job opportunities, here are some positions available within the Caritas Singapore family. If you know someone who meets the job requirements, please do share this with them.
Assisi Hospice is hiring various positions:
– Senior/ Medical Social Worker
– Resident Physician
– Nurse Clinician
– Senior Staff Nurse/ Staff Nurse (Inpatient/ Home Care/ Daycare)
– Enrolled Nurse (Inpatient)
For more information on each role, click here.
Various Positions at Boys’ Town
Boys’ Town is hiring various positions:
– Inventory Transport & Maintenance Support Officer
– IT Executive
– Social Worker, Therapeutic Group Home
– Youth Worker, Residential Services
– Youth Worker (Night), Residential Services
– Youth Worker, YouthReach
– Youth Worker, Residential Services (Temporary)
For more information on each role, click here.
Social Work Associate at Catholic Welfare Services
Catholic Welfare Services is hiring a Social Work Associate.
For more information on the role, click here.
Various Positions at Morning Star Community Services
Morning Star Community Services is hiring for various positions.
– Facilitator, Student Care Services
– CareNights Facilitator (Part-Time, weekdays only, 5pm – 10pm)
Refer here for a full listing and details for each role.
Mount Alvernia Hospital is hiring for more than 20 positions.
Mount Alvernia Hospital is looking at filling vacancies for various positions: – Senior/ Staff Nurse (various positions from different department/ ward)
– Patient Service Assistant/ Officer (Shift Duties)
– Healthcare Assistant
– Pharmacy Technician
– Systems Support Officer
– Senior/ System Engineer
– Senior/ Executive, Medical Affairs – Senior/ Technician, Facilities Management
– Information Security Officer
For details for each position, please click here.
Abilities Beyond Limitations and Expectations Limited (ABLE)
As part of promoting self-care, ABLE is recruiting volunteers to support the following programmes.
1. P2P Befrienders for Care Recipients
Befriend care recipients (persons with physical challenges) on a one-on-one basis at ABLE’s Respite Centre.
Commitment period: More than 6 months
Day/ time: every Mondays from 10am
Duration per session: 1½ hrs
Skills required: Active listening, good communication skill
Minimum age of volunteers: 25 and above
Venue: 7A Lorong 8 Toa Payoh Singapore 319264
2. Caregiver Support Group
Plan curriculum and run the support group. This support group is for family caregivers of persons with disability. The support group also serves as a place for caregivers to hear from each other and to support each other in their times of difficulty.
3. Cooking/ Baking Volunteer Trainer for Caregivers
Volunteer is required to plan and execute creative recipes which can be completed within an hour.
Additional details for volunteer roles 2 and 3:
Commitment period: Once a week (afternoon) for cycles of 8 weeks (= 6 months)
Minimum age of volunteers: 25 and above.
Sessions held online via Zoom. Conversational Mandarin/dialect (good to have, not required).
Attitude: Positivity and cheerfulness
Please click here with the subject title “Volunteering with ABLE” to indicate your interest to volunteer for the volunteer opportunity at ABLE.
ACMI supports migrants through Case Management, Skills Development, Community Outreach and Formation. They are looking for skilled and experienced Volunteer Trainers to provide various Skills Development courses for migrants (mainly Foreign Domestic Workers and Spouses).
• Plan curriculum and run any of the following Skills Training Course (in order of priority):
1) Cooking (Fridays, 1.30pm to 3.30pm – 2 recipes per session, 9 sessions per term)
2) Baking (Thursdays, 10.00am to 12.00pm – 2 recipes per session,9 sessions per term)
3) Hairdressing (weekdays, 9 sessions per term)
4) Dressmaking (weekdays, 9 sessions per term)
• Open to working with migrants to empower them with new skillsets.
• Interview with ACMI staff to assess suitability.
• Attend volunteer training.
• Commitment of at least 1 year (either weekday or Sundays)
Venue: Agape Village (7A Lorong 8 Toa Payoh Singapore 319264)
Please click here with the subject title “Volunteering with ACMI” to indicate your interest to volunteer for the volunteer opportunity at ACMI.
Boys’ Town is still looking for the following volunteers.
1. Volunteer Transport Minder for Sanctuary Care
• This role involves transporting the children we serve as they sometimes have to travel between their natural homes, respite carer’s home and school.
• We usually require help on weekday mornings/evenings (school run) and weekend mornings (to and from biological parents).
2. Media Club Volunteer
Day: Every Friday
Time: 4pm to 6pm
Commitment: At least 6 months
Info: The Media club is an interest group we run for our residential boys. We are looking for volunteers to conduct the following activities on a weekly basis!
• Organize photoshoot opportunities around the campus
• Teach basic photo-editing skills
• Guide and coach the youths in photography
Vacancy: 1 pax
Interested volunteers can write to Ms Dian Amirah here or call her at 66905420 (ext. 472). She will assess your suitability and guide you on the registration process where applicable.
Canossaville Children & Community Services (CCCS)
Canossaville Children and Community Services (CCCS) is a Catholic social service agency, serving and impacting the lives of children and their families across their preschool and primary years, regardless of race, language or religion.
Minimum age of volunteers: 18 and above
Catholic Welfare Services (CWS)
CWS is looking for the following volunteers to support the poor and vulnerable they serve.
- Medical Escorts for Elderly Resident at St Vincent Home
St Vincent Home was set up in 1979 by Catholic Welfare Services and the Society of St Vincent de Paul as a joint project. It is a sheltered home in a residential arrangement that provides basic amenities to its ambulant elderly residents (above 60 years of age, and rely on public assistance as they have no immediate family to care for them).
- To accompany your assigned buddy (elderly resident at St Vincent Home) for medical appointment.
- Volunteers familiar with the medical systems in Singapore preferred.
- Volunteer will need to be alert to check medication prescribed to assigned buddy is accurate and to convey the prescription to the staff at St Vincent Home after the appointment. This will support staff to accurately administer/ pack medicine for resident.
- Preferably able to speak Mandarin and Chinese dialects.
- Volunteers will not be required to bear the costs of transport to and fro St Vincent Home and the hospital. Volunteers who drive and have own vehicle are welcomed to use their own transport for this role.
Time: According to assigned buddy’s medical appointment date and time. Could take the full morning or afternoon.
Commitment: At least 3 to 6 months.
2. Project Fulfilment Support at [email protected]
[email protected] is a project initiated by CWS in November 2009 to provide vocational training and supported employment to adults with intellectual challenges. They are looking for volunteers 21 years & above, able to performed assigned duties independently.
Role: Support the adults with intellectual challenges to fulfil work projects through packing of items
Time: At least one fixed weekday per week between 10am to 3.30pm OR 12.30am to 3.30pm
Commitment: At least 3 to 6 months
Please click here with the subject title “Volunteering with CWS” to indicate your interest to volunteer for the volunteer opportunity at CWS.
Clarity Singapore is looking for Catholic volunteers (18 and above) who are passionate and desire to make an impact in the Catholic youth mental health space at your school, parish or church community.
Some potential volunteering opportunities:
• Participating/co-facilitating in focus group discussions.
• Plan and execute follow-up projects
For more information, click here.
Infant Jesus Homes and Children’s Centres (IJHCC)
IJHCC serves children and youth from diverse racial groups and religions. They are looking to fill the following volunteer roles to extend the work they do.
- Writer (ability to work from home)
- write articles of latest updates/ events as frequently as once a week.
- volunteer could also be required to do proof-reading of articles.
- and possibly support with creation of Annual Report including layout of articles, etc.
- volunteer will be required to share articles they have written previously for IJHCC staff to assess suitability of writing style.
- Web Developer/ Designer (ability to work from home)
- update website with news updates and possible layout change.
- volunteer should possess the knowledge of using WordPress.
- Operations Support (Galilee Centre – Blk 641, #01-800, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, S’pore 560641)
- support staff to manage operational needs at Galilee Centre’s outreach services every Saturdays (9am to 12pm).
- includes opening, closing of centre and enforcing safe-management measures.
- manage safety of children and SOP of parents/ visitors.
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision by staff. On-job-training will be provided.
- matured personality to handle difficult situations.
- Guitar/ Ukulele Instructor (Galilee Centre)
- experienced in teaching children (ukulele) and youth (guitar) preferred.
- instructor should be able to plan the curriculum for the musical instrument class.
- Available on Saturdays (preferably in the afternoon).
- Homework Coach (Galilee Centre)
- familiar with current primary school curriculum.
- ability to provide coaching for preferably English and Maths or Chinese.
- primary needs are on Saturdays (9am to 12pm) and limited needs for weekday afternoons (1.30pm to 5pm).
- assist with student care help.
- Door-to-door Outreach (one-off, on Saturday, 29 May – 10am to 12pm)
- to conduct door-to-door survey about the support/ needs required by residents living in a few HDB blocks nearby Church of Christ the King.
- surveys will be conducted in pairs.
Requirement (for volunteer roles #1 to #5 above):
- Commitment of at least 6 months or longer.
- To be in regular communication with IJHCC staff on volunteer role and deliverables.
- Interested volunteers will be assess by staff of IJHCC of suitability before confirming volunteer role and engagement.
Please click here with the subject title “Volunteering with IJHCC” to indicate your interest to volunteer for the volunteer opportunity at IJHCC.
Mamre Oaks Activity Centre for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Mamre Oaks’ vision is to be a place where persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities are loved, respected and welcomed as gifts of God. They are looking for the following volunteers to support their work.
Venue: St Patrick’s School / Brothers’ Residence (490 East Coast Rd Singapore 429058)
As we celebrate 200 years of Catholicism in Singapore, we pray that God continues to call each of us to serve our brothers and sisters in need through our God given gifts. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.
If you need help, or you know someone who needs help, please call our helpline: 8375 3125. We are here for you.
Have a blessed Lent.