Terms and Conditions
Booking of Training Rooms and Halls
“AV” refers to Caritas Singapore - Agape Village
“Organiser” refers to the person (whether an individual, company, association or organization) responsible for making the booking.
“Terms” refer to the Terms and Conditions of Bookings, as listed in this document
1. All bookings must be made by duly completing the official online booking form on Skedda platform and are subjected to these Terms.
2. AV reserves the right to accept, reject or cancel any booking requests, without assigning any reasons.
3. Confirmed bookings are strictly not transferable.
4. Online bookings on Skedda is open for the following Rooms:
- Multi-Purpose Room 1
- Multi-Purpose Room 2
- Multi-Purpose Room 1 & 2 Combined
- Dance Studio
- TR1, TR3, Cooking & Baking classrooms
5. Online booking request is open for the following Rooms, subject to acceptance from Booking Admin.
- Multi-Purpose Hall 1
- Multi-Purpose Hall 2
- Multi-Purpose Halls 1 & 2 Combined
6. Minimum booking duration for each room is 2 hours.
7. Bookings that are 4 hours or less shall not cross over the 1.00pm to 2.00pm time slot, i.e. morning bookings that are 4 hours or less must end by 1.00pm. Afternoon bookings that are 4 hours or less must start at / after 2.00 pm.
Terms of Payment
8. The Organiser will be sent an invoice at the end of the month of completion of the said event.
9. Full payment by cheque or PayNow shall be payable within 14 working days upon receipt of AV’s invoice.
10. Cheques are to be made payable to “Caritas Singapore Community Council Limited”.
11. All cancellation and amendment requests shall be made in writing by the Organiser and shall be subjected to the cancellation fees as provided herein.
- MPRs & Dance Studio Cooking & Baking classrooms
cancellable at no charge up to 14 days before event date.
Cancellation within 14 days of event date will incur a cancellation surcharge of 100% of total charges.
cancellable at no charge up to 60 days before event date.
Cancellation within 60 days of event date will incur a cancellation surcharge of 100% of total charges.
- Amendments shall be considered cancellations, and rebookings shall be considered new bookings.
12. AV reserves the right to close and / or prohibit the use of all or part of its premises; and/or to cancel any booking herein at its absolute discretion.
13. AV reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time, in cases of emergency or for any purpose in connection with the Archdiocese’ business.
14. In events of cancellations made by AV, payments will be refunded in full and AV shall not be liable to pay any further compensation.
15. AV reserves the right to swap booked rooms to a suitable alternative, should the need arises.
16. All bookings in AV shall end no later than 10:00pm, unless prior written permission is obtained from AV for any extension of time thereof.
17. The Organiser is required to book time needed to set-up and teardown for their event, subject to availability of the rooms.
18. The Organiser shall vacate the booked premises at agreed finishing time.
19. If the said event goes beyond the agreed finishing time or if the Organiser fails to vacate the booked premises at the agreed finishing time, the Organiser shall be liable to pay AV additional rental according to the number of hours, or part thereof, of delay at the hourly rate of the room used.
Food & Beverages
20. Bento sets and Buffet may be served in all the rooms in AV.
21. The Organiser may engage an external caterer of their choosing, on the condition that the caterer has a valid catering license, which must be produced on request by AV.
22. The selected external caterer has to provide all required utensils, bio-degradable cutlery, table dressing etc. AV will not provide any tables, cutlery or expendables related to catering.
23. The Organiser is responsible to ensure that all consumed and unconsumed food and beverages are disposed of properly in the green general waste bins outside of the exit gate of Caritas Agape Village.
24. The Organiser is to state the delivery and collection times of the caterer when booking the event; and ensure that the caterer adheres to these timings
25. For catering of events after 6:00pm on a weekday, and all events held on a weekends, an additional cleaning surcharge of S$30.00 per hour per cleaner is applicable, subject to a minimum of 3 hours, which will be payable to AV’s cleaning contractors to clean up the booked premises and common areas once the event is over. For events with more than 120 participants, 2 cleaners will be required.
26. Cooking and use of open flames in any way by the Organiser in AV’s premises are strictly prohibited.
27. Consumption of alcohol at AV’s premises is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained from AV.
28. The Organiser is responsible for conducting the said event in an orderly manner and in full compliance of AV’s rules and regulations governing the use of its premises and with all applicable laws.
29. The Organiser is to ensure that the volume of noise and music generated or played at the said event is regulated, so as to not cause any disturbance or annoyance to tenants, other patrons and neighbouring establishments at AV’s premises.
30. Smoking is only permitted at the designated smoking area at AV’s premises.
31. All the Organiser’s guests/attendees are to remain within the designated event venue booked during the said event and should depart the said venue promptly in an orderly manner upon the conclusion of the event.
32. Minors are to be under the supervision of a responsible adult, parent or guardian for the duration of the event.
33. All the Organiser’s guests/attendees at the said event are to be properly and decently attired while at AV’s premises.
34. All the Organiser’s guests/attendees at the said event shall be responsible for their own safety and well-being, as well as the safety and/or security or all property brought by them into AV’s premises. AV shall not be responsible for any safekeeping or custody of any property of the Organiser or its guests/attendees at the said event.
35. AV reserves the right without liability to the Organiser to intervene if the said event or its activities may in AV’s view be illegal, noisy and/or offensive.
36. AV reserves the right, through its authorised security officers, to refuse admission to or remove from its premises any person it considers in its sole discretion to be behaving, or likely to behave in a manner prejudicial to the reputation and/or interests of AV.
37. Usage of AV’s premises for political meetings or by a political party or an affiliated group is strictly prohibited. AV reserves the right to request for a copy of promotional literature, including invitations/flyers of the event.
Usage of Premises
38. The Organiser shall be responsible for setting up the booked room in accordance to the nature of its event.
39. Nothing is to be nailed, screwed, stapled or adhered to any wall, door, window or other surfaces in AV’s premises by the Organiser or any of its guests/attendees for the said event.
40. All displays and decorations proposed to be used by the Organiser for the said event, other than normal table arrangements, shall be subject to AV’s prior written approval.
41. The Organiser shall ensure that all fire exits shall be free from obstruction at all times.
42. The Organiser is prohibited from using AV’s title and logo in all advertising and publicity materials, whether explicitly or implicitly, without AV’s prior written approval.
43. Any equipment or furniture loaned from AV to the Organiser shall be returned to AV in its original condition immediately upon conclusion of the said event.
44. The Organiser shall keep AV’s premises clean and tidy at all times and shall promptly make good at its own cost any damages that is done to AV’s premises and/or property, by the Organiser or its guests/attendees, contractors or agents. Damages include, but not limited to, staining of property, damage to fixtures/fittings/equipment and repair of sanitary facilities.
45. For bookings of the combined Multi-Purpose Hall, the Organiser may request for the mobile stages to be combined and/or reconfigured. A reconfiguration surcharge of $500.00 is payable to AV’s stage contractors for such requests.
46. The Organiser shall give immediate notice to AV of any damage that has occurred in AV’s premises, and/or of any accident to or defects in the water pipes, air-conditioning ducts, telephone conduits, electrical wiring or other fixtures/fittings whatsoever provided by AV for the said event.
47. The Organiser shall be responsible for the removal of all its property, decorations or merchandise from AV’s premises after the conclusion of the said event. If the Organiser fails to do so, AV reserves the right to dispose, destroy or commission a third party to undertake the removal or disposal of such items left at AV’s premises after the said event; and the Organiser shall be liable for the cost of the same. No claims for damages or loss shall be made against AV by the Organiser with regards to the same.
48. AV reserves the right to not proceed with the said event, should the number of the Organiser’s guests/attendees exceed the maximum permitted capacity of the venue.
49. The Organiser shall be responsible for resetting the furniture and fixtures in the venue into their original position and state upon conclusion of the said event. A surcharge of up to S$200.00 will be made payable to AV if the Organiser fails to do so.
50. Pets and other animals are not allowed into AV’s premises with the exception for guide dogs for the visually impaired; before which written approval is to be sought from AV
51. The Organiser must inform AV in advance should it have any Minister, Member of Parliament, Non-Constituency Member of Parliament and/or any guest with political affiliation for the said event.
52. The Organiser must inform AV in advance should it have any media coverage, whether local or foreign media, filming and/or taking photographs meant for publication, at the said event.
53. The Organiser is prohibited from cinematography or screening videos, film or movies without written approval from AV. Only films which have a Singapore Board of Censors Classification Certificate may be shown to an appropriate audience.
54. AV will assign a trained technical staff to operate the audio-visual console for all said events taking place in the Multi-Purpose Halls on weekdays from 9:00am to 6:00pm at no additional cost.
55. A surcharge of S$50.00 is payable to AV for events taking place after 6:00pm on weekdays and events on weekends that require AV’s technical staff to be present to operate the audio-visual console in the Multi-Purpose Halls and/or Multi-Purpose Rooms.
56. Only persons authorized by Caritas Singapore will be allowed to operate the audio-visual equipment console in the Multi-Purpose Halls.
57. The Organiser shall not use its own electrical appliances, instruments and/or equipment without the prior written consent of AV.
58. Malfunctions in technical, audio visual and/or electrical facilities provided by AV will be attended to as soon as practicable; and AV shall not be liable in any way whatsoever nor shall the Organiser be entitled to claim damages, compensation or withhold payment for such reason.
59. Any compensation to the Organiser from AV for such malfunction will be issues at its full discretion.
60. The Organiser is welcome to celebrate Mass, as approved by the Roman Catholic Church, in AV.
61. AV shall provide an Altar Table, Credence Table and a Rostrum to use during Mass.
62. AV will not provide the Mass Kit or Vestments for use during Mass.
63. The Organiser is responsible for having the relevant documented clearance from the Chancery Office and MOM, should it wish to invite a foreign clergy or speaker to concelebrate and/or preach in Mass held in AV.
64. AV reserves the right to reject any foreign Clergy or preachers from celebrating the Mass if they are unable to produce relevant documents of clearance from the Chancery Office.
65. The Organiser is to indicate on the Room & Facility Booking Form if parking lots are required for its guests/attendees ahead of the said event, and provide the names of drivers and car plate number to AV 3 days before said event. AV shall allocate carpark lots at its sole discretion, subjected to availability
66. The Organiser and its guests/attendees who are not allocated a parking lot in AV, are requested to park in one of the 3 public carparks located in AV’s vicinity –
- Multi-storey Carpark behind Block 226, Lorong 8 Toa Payoh
- Open Carpark at Block 224, Lorong 8 Toa Payoh
- Open Carpark at Braddell Tech Park
67. The Organiser shall ensure that its guests/attendees for the said event comply with all traffic rules and regulations at all time.
Summary of Surcharges
68. The Organiser shall be responsible for resetting the furniture and fixtures in the venue into their original position and state upon conclusion of the said event. A surcharge of up to S$200.00 will be made payable to AV if the Organiser fails to do so.
69. If the said event goes beyond the agreed finishing time or if the Organiser fails to vacate the booked premises at the agreed finishing time, the Organiser shall be liable to pay AV additional rental according to the number of hours, or part thereof, of delay at the hourly rate of the room used.
70. A surcharge of S$50.00 is payable to AV for events taking place after 6:00pm on weekdays and events on weekends that require AV’s technical staff to be present to operate the audio-visual console in the Multi-Purpose Halls and/or Multi-Purpose Rooms.
71. For catering of events after 6:00pm, an additional surcharge of S$30.00 per hour per cleaner is applicable, which will be payable to AV’s cleaning contractors to clean up the booked premises once the event is over.
72. For bookings of the combined Multi-Purpose Hall, the Organiser may request for the mobile stages to be combined and/or reconfigured. A reconfiguration surcharge of $500.00 is payable to AV’s stage contractors for such requests.
73. AV shall not be liable to the Organiser for any loss, damage, injury or loss of life to any person or personal property howsoever caused in AV’s premises, or any consequential loss therefrom, unless any of the abovementioned is caused by the wilful misconduct or default of AV or its employees/contractors/agents.
74. AV shall not be liable for any delay in performing, or failure to perform its obligations, as a result of any Acts of God and/or general causes of any Force Majeure event which is beyond AV’s reasonable control.
75. The Organiser shall indemnify and keep indemnified AV in full from and against all claims, demands, proceedings, liability, damages, costs, losses and expenses of any nature – including legal costs on a solicitor and client basis – incurred by or made against AV as a result of any breach of the Terms.
76. AV reserves the right to modify, amend and/or supplement these Terms from time to time, with or without prior notice.
77. The Organiser warrants that all information provided to AV in its booking process shall be true and accurate. In the event that the Organiser is found to have misled AV and/or made any false statements in the booking, AV reserves the right to cancel the booking and bar future bookings made by the Organiser, in its sole discretion.
78. AV may grant, refuse or withdraw its approval for the usage of its rooms at its sole discretion, without assigning any reason.
79. None of the provisions herein shall be deemed to constitute a partnership between AV and the Organiser, and neither party shall have authority to bind the other in any way, or to make a commitment, representation and/or warranty on behalf of the other party.
80. These terms shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.
Last Modified Date: 8th February 2023