Volunteering with Infant Jesus Homes and Children’s Centres (IJHCC)
IJHCC serves children and youth from diverse racial groups and religions. They are looking to fill the following volunteer roles to extend the work they do.
- Graphics Designer (ability to work from home)
- design poster/pamphlets or brochure.
- Operations Support (Galilee Centre – Blk 641, #01-800, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, S’pore 560641)
- support staff to manage operational needs at Galilee Centre’s outreach services every Saturdays (9am to 12pm).
- includes opening, closing of centre and enforcing safe-management measures.
- manage safety of children and SOP of parents/ visitors.
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision by staff. On-job-training will be provided.
- matured personality to handle difficult situations.
- Guitar/ Ukulele Instructor (Galilee Centre/ Agape Village)
- experienced in teaching children (ukulele) and youth (guitar) preferred.
- instructor should be able to plan the curriculum for the musical instrument class.
- for Ukulele Instructor, preferably can provide ukulele for the students.
- available on Saturdays (preferably in the afternoon).
- Homework Coach (Galilee Centre)
- familiar with current primary school curriculum.
- ability to provide coaching for preferably English and Maths or Chinese.
- primary needs are on Saturdays (10.30am to 12pm) and limited needs for weekday afternoons (1.30pm to 5pm).
- assist with student care help.
- Door-to-door Outreach (one-off, on Saturday – Postponed till further notice)
- to conduct door-to-door survey about the support/ needs required by residents living in a few HDB blocks nearby Church of Christ the King.
- surveys will be conducted in pairs.
Requirement (for volunteer roles #1 to #4 above):
- Commitment of at least 6 months or longer.
- To be in regular communication with IJHCC staff on volunteer role and deliverables.
- Interested volunteers will be assess by staff of IJHCC of suitability before confirming volunteer role and engagement.
Name: Trina Chia
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 6459 4801