Medical Escorts for Elderly Resident at St Vincent Home
St Vincent Home was set up in 1979 by Catholic Welfare Services and the Society of St Vincent de Paul as a joint project. It is a sheltered home in a residential arrangement that provides basic amenities to its ambulant elderly residents (above 60 years of age, and rely on public assistance as they have no immediate family to care for them).
Role / duties:
- To accompany your assigned buddy (elderly resident at St Vincent Home) for medical appointment.
- Volunteers familiar with the medical systems in Singapore preferred.
- Volunteer will need to be alert to check medication prescribed to assigned buddy is accurate and to convey the prescription to the staff at St Vincent Home after the appointment. This will support staff to accurately administer/ pack medicine for resident.
- Preferably able to speak Mandarin and Chinese dialects.
- Volunteers will not be required to bear the costs of transport to and fro St Vincent Home and the hospital. Volunteers who drive and have own vehicle are welcomed to use their own transport for this role.
Time: According to assigned buddy’s medical appointment date and time. Could take the full morning or afternoon.
Commitment: At least 3 to 6 months.
For enquiries/ to volunteer:
Contact Catholic Welfare Services (CWS)
Interested volunteers will be assess by staff of CWS of suitability before confirming volunteer role and engagement.