- This event has passed.
Personal Moral Compass Module 5 – Bioethics: Stewards for Life (Start Date)
September 1, 2015 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
By Fr David Garcia, OP
This is the fifth module of the one-year-long systematic course in Moral Theology. This is a course for all Catholics and all people of goodwill interested in formation in the foundations of Ethics and Moral Theology. It is also recommended for those involved in guiding and forming others and those involved in related work or ministry.
Personal Moral Compass 2015 – promo flyer M5
Module 5. Bioethics: Stewards For Life
Dates: 1, 8, 15, 29 September; 6 and 13 October 2015
1. The Dignity of the Human Person
– The person, the human body, the embryo
2. Can We Reproduce Procreation?
– The ethics of assisted reproductive technologies
3. Ethics in the Beginning of Life
– Stem cells, cloning, genetic engineering, human embryos, prenatal testing
4. Stewards of the Human Body:
– Research on humans, consent, organ donation, modifying the body, plastic surgery
5. Ethical Decisions at the End of Life
– PVS, comatose patients, euthanasia, AMD, care for the dying, defining death
6. Stewards, not Masters
– A fundamental difference in bioethics
All classes are held on Tuesday nights.
Time: 7:30p.m. to 9:30p.m.
Venue: Level 3, 55 Waterloo Street, Catholic Centre
Contribution: $60 per module
For more information and to register, interested applicants could refer to the Personal Moral Compass Course Guide 2015 and Personal Moral Compass Course – registration form for 2015 M3to6 or email to [email protected]