Charities Week 2020: 7Mar-17May
God’s Love in Action
“Jesus said I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.” John 13:34
The Caritas family strives to make God’s love a reality: something real and tangible. When people in need experience that love in action from us in helping them to see that there is more than the brokenness, pain and sadness, that there is hope and a better reality that they can move towards.
Charities Week is an annual fundraising event organised by Caritas Singapore, the social and community arm of the Catholic Church in Singapore. Caritas Singapore is the umbrella body for 27 Catholic Charities that help the vulnerable and marginalised regardless of race or religion. It is also a member of Caritas Internationalis, a global confederation of over 160 humanitarian organisations.
Donations to Charities Week 2020 will help the Caritas Singapore family continue our work on the ground to serve diverse and marginalised groups including low-income families, youths-at-risk, the incarcerated, people with physical disabilities, and also people with mental health problems. #GodsLoveInAction
How to donate: Pick up a Charities Week 2020 appeal envelope from your parish. Donations can be made in the following ways:
- Cash: Drop the appeal envelope in your parish donation box with your cash donation.
Please DO NOT MAIL CASH.
- Cheque: Write a cheque payable to “Caritas Singapore”, and drop the appeal envelope into your parish donation box or mail it to: 55 Waterloo Street #08-01 Catholic Centre Singapore 187954.
- Credit card: Make online donations from 7 March to 17 May 2020 at http://bit.ly/caritas-cw2020.
- Credit card (online monthly donation): Please go to http://bit.ly/caritas-monthly for monthly donations.
- Charities Week donations are tax deductible. Please select the option for tax deduction, and provide your details clearly (i.e., name as per NRIC, and NRIC number).
- We do NOT do house-to-house or street collections.
- Cash donations in the appeal envelopes should be done through the parishes.