Mamre Oaks Ltd is a non-profit organization and an affiliate of Caritas Social Services
Singapore. Founded by a group of friends who believe that persons with intellectual
disabilities, the weakest in any society, are gifts from God with their rights to a fulfilling life like anyone else.
Mamre Oaks’ vision and mission is to empower the persons with intellectual disabilities (namely the Special Persons or SPs) to lead lives of meaning, dignity and fulfillment. We aim to provide and create an environment where the SPs are welcomed, respected and valued regardless of their disabilities and differences.
Being an integral part of the Catholic Church, Mamre Oaks will carry out its businesses according to the Church’s Catholic Social Teachings. We are founded on Catholic soil and we warmly welcome all regardless of their race and religion.
PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Day Activity Centre for SPs aged 18 years and above
- indoor/ outdoor exercise programs that will encourage the SPs to remain physically active and fit.
- skilled-based activities through the use of arts & craft, independent living, creative works, music and dance
- building of social skills and self-confidence
- specific workshops that address behaviour issues, self-defense, sexuality, self-care and finances
- engagement in work-related projects within Agape Village such as ushers, area cleaning and horticulture activities
- time for reflection and quiet meditation
- opens daily from 8.30am to 6pm except weekends
- Social Enterprise at St Joseph Institution (SJI)
- Assisting SPs working at the canteen stalls at SJI
- opens daily during school terms from 8.30am to 3pm except weekends
Centre Manager: Mr. Joseph Lim
Telephone:+65 6801 7476
Spiritual Director: Rev Fr Bruno Saint Girons